AToMiC Collaboration: GOLD
Brand Integration: SILVER
Broadcast Engagement: GOLD
Experiential Engagement: BRONZE
Stanfield’s and Comedy Network – Exposed!
Exposed! Launched on Sept 23rd, 2013 with a teaser campaign, followed by the submission phase on October 7th. The final winner was crowned at the live event on November 26th.
- Increase awareness of Stanfield’s among younger male target
- Provide creative content for Stanfield’s social channels
- Drive to stanfields.com and increase online sales
The agency needed to change perception of Stanfield’s to a fun, youthful brand young males are proud to wear (instead of the brand their father wears) deliver on all the above objectives on a fairly small budget.
Insight into Concept:
There is so much undiscovered talent in Canada – who better to give them some exposure than an underwear company? We’ve all had the dream of standing on stage in our briefs – John st. just decided to make those dreams come true.
It became clear very early on that producing this idea was far beyond the agency’s budget. A media partner was needed, and one that would complement our youthful, irreverent tone. Enter The Comedy Network (Bell Media), who helped develop the idea and get it out to Canada.
The campaign consisted of the following executional elements:
- Three 15 sec teaser spots broadcasted on TV and online pre-roll
- Digital micro-site hosted on thecomedynetwork.ca, where entrants could order a free pair of Stanfield’s ‘Exposed!’ underwear (to perform in)
- One 45 sec TV spot explaining the campaign and encouraging entries
- Banner ads and homepage takeovers featuring performers drove traffic to the microsite
- Branded microsite acted as the hub for the campaign – all submissions and voting took place here
- Weekly recap show hosted by comedian Graham Chittenden, courtesy of Bell Media, reviewing the best and worst entries
- Online social media, PR and blogger support
- ‘Exposed!’ open mic nights in Toronto, Vancouver and Halifax
The campaign resulted in over 29 million media impressions with the average of 16 minutes spent on the microsite, while stanfields.com received a 135% site traffic increase and online underwear sales tripled during the campaign. The winning act, HumanTown, is currently working on their TV pilot, airing this fall on The Comedy Network. Underwear optional.